During a taper I not only fully hydrate but I try to fuel my muscles with the best nutrients. For breakfast or an after dinner sweet bit, I choose ingredients like chia, coconut, tart cherry juice, and Aronia berries. Aronia are quickly rising to the ranks of highest antioxidant rich berries. They resemble a stocky blueberry, and I believe they’re best in frozen sorbets and smoothies. They are native to the Midwest, and they’re becoming more common all over the world. It would be okay to swap out aronia for blueberries if you still want to try this sorbet but can not find the little aronia cuties, although just a slight bit less super-duper.
- One frozen banana, quartered
- ¼ c frozen aronia berries
- ½ c frozen sweet dark cherries
- 2 T tart cherry juice concentrate (optional, but delish)
- 2 T chia seeds
- ¼ c coconut milk (or 2 T coconut oil and 2 T water)